Sunday, January 22, 2012

Say yes to the present moment

Eckhardt Tolle is certainly the modern teacher of living in the here and now.  He, and I quote, says: "Say yes to the present moment.  It is futile and insane to create inner resistance to what already is."  Granted, we can look back to the past to learn from it, but we shouldn't dwell on it.  Realize it becomes a memory of an experience in the past and then move forward.  Not too forward though, as in the future.  To live in, and for, the future can be frightening because of all the unknowns.  The safe place is to stay in the present time which is what is happening at each moment.  Science tells us a moment lasts 3 seconds.  I try to bring myself back to mindful thinking of where I am and what is happening, especially when I am being troubled by the past or by the future.  I do not mean to negate eternal life.  Actually, just the opposite.  We are a part of an eternal life.  I believe we come from the essence of God and the Universe and go back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment